From plisse pleats, peaches and pinks to luxe basics and skater shapes, take a look at our edit of the best ballet-inspired pieces that will have you looking prima perfect in a plié.
1. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Georgette pleated dress, £598, available at my-wardrobe.
In a just-blush shade of pink, this pretty pleated dress with delicate mesh shoulders and cute capped sleeves screams ballerina like no other.
2. Etoile Isabel Marant Cooper copper-blend sweater, £110, available at Net-a-Porter.
Don’t be fooled into thinking it’s all about tuelle – staple jersey separates are perfect for that post-rehearsal look. Etoile Isabel Marant’s copper-blend sweater is the ultimate in easy everyday luxe.
3. See by Chloe black jersey contrast pant, £162, available at my-wardrobe.
See by Chloe’s black jersey pants are a sweatroom style staple. Team with slouchy tees and lightweight layers for effortless cool.
4. Oyster open tie shirt, £40, available at Topshop.
A sleek silk shirt with soft tie detailing is the perfect throw-on piece for pretty ballerina style. This oyster open-front shirt from Topshop is simple, sweet and spring-ready.
5. KG by Kurt Geiger Lolly ballet pump, £60, available at Kurt Geiger.
Perhaps the most popular dance-inspired must-have, ballet pumps should be on your shoe radar now. We love KG by Kurt Geiger’s Lolly style in black with cute contrasting white piping and bows – a fail-safe footwear staple.
6.McQ Alexander McQueen lace asymmetric skirt, £325, available at my-wardrobe.
Become the Black Swan in McQ Alexander McQueen’s asymmetric lace skirt. With it’s delicate jagged drapes in statement gothic lace, this piece is out to prove ballet has a dark side too.
7. Alexander McQueen Dandelion ring, £130, available at Matches.
Add edge to girlie pinks and pleats with a statement sculptural ring. Alexander McQueen’s gold dandelion ring is both tough and feminine, and will offset the prettiest of pieces with a touch of striking attitude.
8. See by Chloe silver mesh shoulder tee, £114, available at my-wardrobe.
With its urban cool style, See by Chloe’s silver mesh shoulder tee is another one for the rehearsal room. Team with easy trousers or pleated midi-skirts for a subtle take on this ballerina trend.
9. Satin pleated skirt by Rare, £29, available at Topshop.
Nothing says prima ballerina like a pink pleated flippy satin skirt – this one by Rare at Topshop will have you practising your pliés in no time.