The new season doesn’t have to translate as a financial drought when it comes to that all important wardrobe update. Invest in fresh, mainly trans-seasonal pieces which, although complementing the key trends for spring/summer 2012 (fun yet functional), aren’t so trend-centric that they’re deemed ‘disposable’ after one wear.
We’re favouring key pieces that will see you through the new season, and if the sun decides to come out of permanent hibernation, they’ll make for some delightful sartorial indulgence. Go! Buy!
1. The Zip Sweater: The perfect answer to keeping cosy during weather tantrums, and the go-to item for stylish layering. We love the mother of pearl button and zip detailing and the grey melange hue makes this an undisputed wardrobe staple.
2. The Curved Shift Dress: This heavy jersey silhouette-skimming shift is bang on boardroom perfect and in the perfect shade of colour pop pink. We particularly like how the asymmetric neckline adds an element of excitement to a simple dress.
3. The Classic Wrap Dress: The most flattering wardrobe addition you could possibly invest in. Slightly referencing Kate Middleton’s gush-worthy royal engagement dress; we love how the waist tie subtly cinches at the waist and the spring appropriate pink rose colour.
4. Essential Tank: Three words: Essential, essential, essential! You will practically live in this lightweight knit tank in a cool dusk blue, we promise.
5. The Chambray Shirt: Your new season wardrobe hasn’t reached its warmer months prep peak if a cool cotton chambray shirt isn’t part of the party. With endless styling opportunities, this is definitely our favourite spring investment.
6.Cotton Sateen Tux Jacket: Forget limiting yourself to channelling the androgyny trend, a sharply cut tux is now a wardrobe essential. A well tailored jacket can elevate any outfit to seriously stylish heights, and that’s why this single breasted, khaki tux with contrast lapels is firmly in top spot on our must-shop list.
7. Breton Zip Cardigan: Bring a touch of Parisian insouciance with a nautical tilt to your fashion collection by snapping up a classic navy Breton cardigan. You can’t nail classic on the head any more than this.
8. The Leather Detail Trench: We love it when a staple wardrobe resident is reworked. In soft cotton twill, this navy trench with leather accents is the perfect way to wear a trench trans-seasonally.
9. Essential Jersey Shirt: A refreshing slant on the classic shirt, we love the coral colour and relaxed jersey fabric. Comfort personified.
10. Jersey Drape Dress: All shades of blue are feeding our current obsession with the oceanic colour, and we can’t stress enough how much this azure blue jersey drape is hitting the colour perfect note. The perfect day-to-night dress, flattering and blue; yes please!
All items available at Isabella Oliver