It’s better to be belted, trenched or parka’d up, than caught out in the cold with less than attractive fashion flu symptoms.
That’s why, your winter coat is the most thought out and prized purchase of the nippy season, and what better way to block out the shiver-inducing chills than in a fabulous faux fur number?
Soft-to-touch, gloriously toasty and oozing luxe appeal, we can’t get enough of fashionably furry outerwear in head-turning variations.
From the nod-to-haute-hippie Anna Sui coat to the updated Crombie coat with faux fur panels by high street favourite Warehouse; investing in a fur coat doesn’t have to mean transforming into the Abominable Snowman, (albeit a rather stylish one).
Pick styles that mix textures, such as the Marc Jacobs faux fur trimmed coat, or the Michael Michael Kors wool-blend coat with detachable faux fur collar, and update a fur base with a non-traditional swipe of colour by snapping up the Biba Portobello Faux Fur Coat, which turns leopard print on its head in red and black.
If there’s one faux fur coat you invest in this season, let our pick of the top 10 buys inspire you to get stylishly wrapped up in time for the snowfall.
1. Michael Michael Kors Detachable Faux Fur Collar Coat, £395, available at Net-A-Porter
2. Ginger Faux Fur Coat, £89, available at Miss Selfridge
7. Faux Fur Front Crombie Coat, £95, available at Warehouse
8. Urban Code Gold Faux Fur Coat, £135, available at Next
10. Biba Leopard Portobello Faux Fur Coat, £189, available at House of Fraser