The slightest mention of knitwear can go two ways: the super-expensive, ultra-luxe, break-yer-bank kind, or the put-a-smile-on-yer-face, pocket-friendly kind. And that’s more than enough hyphenation to shake a stick at!
Being advocates of any wardrobe investment that adds to our style without forcing our finances into a (self-inflicted) drought, we’ve tracked down the hottest knitwear buys that’ll keep you on trend, as well as on budget.
What’s the key to snapping up an expensive looking knit at a fractional price, you ask?
1. Opt for wool blends that include the more luxe variety such as Angora,Cashmere and Merino for a softer, less ‘synthetic’ feel.
2. Adding a dash of print and a smattering of embellishment will update a budget buy, and allow for versatility when dressing ‘up’ your look.
A monochrome nod to the Sixties comes in the form of a nifty, Sequined Collar Zigzag Sweater by Mango (the collar is detachable – bravo!), and we love the Military Shoulder Sweater from Next for allowing us to sample this season’s most prominent trend in a snug way, without spending a fortune!
Cosy up in our stylish budget knitwear picks for winter, and revel in the delight of an increased Starbucks budget* – thanks to some savvy spending! You can thank us later.
*(Ours is a decaf soya latte to go, in case you were wondering.)
1. Knitted Colour Block Grunge Jumper, £36, available at Topshop
2. Large Jewelled Knit Top, £55, available at Oasis
3. Sequined Collar Zigzag Sweater, £39.99, available at Mango
4. Military Shoulder Sweater, £35, available at Marks & Spencer
5. CC Petite Deco Stripe Jumper, £65, available at John Lewis
6. LNA Knitted Sweater, £64.99, available at The Outnet
7. Tippi Sweater, £65.92, available at J.Crew
8. Grey metallic Aztec Print Jumper, £32, available at River Island