Although the arrival of winter spells cosy layers and red Starbucks cups, it can just as easily equal a wardrobe disaster if you’re not armed with the right frostbite-preventing footwear.
You’ve already snapped up that super-cosy staple coat, statement knit and woolly tights for when the mini skirt has a mid-December outing, but a pair of winter boots – or, to put it in context, avalanche-proof winter boots – need to be at the top of your shopping list.
Boots to battle through snow, sleet and pond-sized puddles are your best bet, and we’re not talking frilly fashion versions, but sturdy boots with a solid grip and a view to help your feet get through the day without giving into frostbite, or worse still, giving you the ‘slip’ in the literal sense!
Worried sensible boots will cramp your style? Well, you do have all those festive parties in fabulous heels to look forward to, so, for now, stick with out top 10 avalanche-proof winter boots under £100, as the mercury drops miserably low. Your feet (and purse) will be glad you did.
1. Birdie Grey leather studded boot, £65, available at Stylistpick
2. Kai wedge biker boots, £84, available at French Connection
3. Pier One navy boots, £75, available at Zalando
5. Buckle fastening suede ankle boots, £99.99, available at Mango
6. Amos black biker boots, £39, available at Miss Selfridge
7. Collection Weekend by John Lewis Floyd buckled ankle boots, £79, available at John Lewis
8. Jenna lace up boot, £69, available at Oasis
10. Pier One red lace up boots, £90, available at Zalando