The turn of the year marks the beginning of a rather exciting period in the celebville calendar: awards season.
With the Golden Globes merely days away, and the Oscars (gasp!) taking place next month, our imagination is running wild thinking about the potential sartorial choices the leading ladies of Hollywood will make.
From, Gwyneth Paltrow’s make-yer-heart-beat-faster, stunning Tom Ford cape gown to Angelina Jolie’s ‘leg party’ in that strapless Atelier Versace number. Emma Stone’s style status-cementing Giambattista Valli couture gown to Natalie Portman looking delightful in vintage Christian Dior; the 2012 Oscars gave us plenty to dissect and so much to breathlessly stare at, mouths agape.
The 2012 Golden Globes were no less, with Angelina Jolie once again in a stunning Atelier Versace creation, and who can forget Tilda Swinton’s charismatic take on red carpet dressing in an exquisitely tailored Haider Ackeman ensemble.
No doubt, awards season this year will bring just as much delight to our style feasting eyes, and with the Golden Globes nominations already released, and Oscar nominations being revealed on Thursday, take a look at the top 10 evening gowns we think would be perfect for this year’s biggest red carpet events.
2. Gucci pleated silk-georgette gown, £2,150, available at Net-a-Porte
3. Emilio Pucci embellished floor-length gown, £5,148, available at My Theresa
4. Bottega Veneta ruched velvet gown, £4,950, available at Net-a-Porter
5. L’Wren Scott Why Not halter gown, £2,100.93, available at Shopbop
6. Osman two-tone stretch gown, £995, available at Harvey Nichols
7. Catherine Deane Leticia embroidered silk gown, £1,428, available at my wardrobe
8. Erdem long dress, £995, available at The Corner
9. Kaufmanfanco Sequin-embellished silk-chiffon gown, £8,735, available at Net-a-Porter
10. Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Gardiner embroidered corset gown, £2,235, available at Matches