Don’t be afraid of shorts this summer! Sure there are some that are a little too short for anywhere other than the beach, and some that are a little too casual for a standard smart/casual dresscode… but there are so many chic, gorgeous styles out there that would be perfect to wear to a picnic, shopping, drinks with the girls, or a fun cocktail bar on holiday among other places. As you can see, our imaginations are running away with us!
Shorts can be a great alternative for trousers when the weather gets a little chillier too – just team with tights (plain or printed – the choice is yours) and you’re good to go. Here are five chic pairs of shorts that are great for all seasons – and you read right, they’re all under £30!
1. – A great colour and pattern for the warmer weather, these are a fab alternative to the denim cut-off shorts that are still so popular among fashionistas. Team with a cute crop top or bralet for that ultimate casual chic look! Dorothy Perkins stripe linen shorts, £20
2. – Team with a black silk blouse and heels for that ultimate chic evening look, or dress it down with a brighter tee for something more casual. Either way, these shorts are a wardrobe must-have! Boohoo camouflage pleated shorts, £12
3. – Oh so versatile, plus the jacquard print brings a nice, subtle twist to a standard pair of black shorts. Classy! Topshop jacquard pleat front shorts, £15
4. – Simple but oh so effective, these trans-seasonal shorts are perfect for summer but understated enough to wear every season with the right accessories. Sandals and wedges for the summer, tights and heeled ankle boots for the winter? Miss Selfridge coral high waist shorts, £29
5. – One of the cutest pairs of shorts we’ve seen on te high street all season; these beauties are so easy to wear as they do all the hard work for you. So chic they style themselves! Dorothy Perkins grey shorts with bow belt, £10