Handbags are inarguably one of a girl’s biggest investment buys; from the Hermès Birkin to the Mulberry Del Rey, the designer shelves are bursting with iconic bags that it can be quite overwhelming deciding what to spend your hard earned money on.
However, getting your hands (see what we did there?) on a gorgeous piece of arm candy doesn’t always have to cost the earth. Here are five handbags that will turn heads without breaking the bank:
1. – This bag is perfect for those of us who are a little bit indecisive as there are plenty of colours on here to mix things up. Plus, it’s also great for ladies who love to keep their look simple and monochromatic, as this bag will add a subtle amount of colour to an otherwise colour-lacking ensemble. Dorothy Perkins black and ivory panel slouch bag, £25
2. – This beautiful bag comes in both black and grey (two staple, hard-working colours) – it’s versatile enough to wear with practically anything, and big enough to fit all you daily essentials inside. A perfect colour for the warmer weather too! Jaeger grey Lola bag, £175
3. – Louis Vuitton and Gucci aren’t the only ones who do monogram well; DKNY’s monogrammed offerings are always well received, and this orange canvas tote is no exception. What a great pop of colour for the summer season too! DKNY monogrammed canvas tote, £194
4. – We all know that a black bag never goes out of fashion, so there’s no reason this Faith bag won’t remain a permanent fixture in your wardrobe season after season. The stud detailing gives a classic black bag a grungy, rock-chick edge! Faith black studded wing tote bag, £44
5. – if you’re after a handbag to get you into the summer spirit, then look no further than this Michael Michael Kors beauty. Nothing quite screams summer like a vibrant pink bag, does it? The chic gold detailing is just an added bonus – no one will believe this bag is only £168! Michael Michael Kors East/West Saffiano tote, £168.02