It’s a truth universally acknowledged that no girl’s wardrobe is complete without a little black dress; or several, if you’re anything like us!
The classic LBD is there for us in our sartorial time of need, but it’s evolved over the years and the seasons, which means there are actually a lot of different styles out there to choose from. So, whether you want a demure one for the office or a sexy one for the cocktail bar – or something for all those in-between occasions, we have a feeling you’re going to find one to suit you in our selection.
Which one’s tickled your fancy?
1. A contemporary, feminine dress, perfect for wearing to work. Throw in some accessories and you have got yourself a special night-out dress. By Malene Birger Imania sleeveless full skirt dress, £235
2. Simple, yet smouldering. Timeless and chic but with a directional edge – what’s not to love? Whistles Selma dress with ruching, £125
3. Don’t let its hem and sleeve length deceive you, this is one heck of a sexy dress! French Connection ‘The London’ dress, £40
5. A flattering, retro design with an added bit of sparkle, ideal for those sophisticated dinner parties and anything else your heart desires! L.K. Bennett Vanya dress, £295
6. A little embellishment goes a long way, and a lot of embellishment goes even further! Topshop Limited Edition bead and satin shift dress, £180
7. If you want an LBD that screams “I mean business” – particularly if aforementioned business is fashion – then this dress is for you! Peridot London Hanbury funnel neck midi dress, £360