Fashion month seems like such a long time ago, so we know that the trends presented on the spring/summer 2014 catwalks might not instantly come into your heads under pressure.
You don’t need to trawl through the New York, London, Milan, and Paris archives to remind yourselves what to look out for in the shops and online when updating your wardrobes though… there are only eight pieces you need to guarantee a stylish spring.
Here are your must-haves for the spring season:
1. A white shirt is a wardrobe staple whatever the season, but it’s practically a necessity for the upcoming spring/summer season – just ask Preen and Viktor and Rolf, among others. You can go plain for max versatility, but we can’t resist the embellished collar on this beauty. Sister Jane embellished blouse, £45
2. A floral dress in spring? Pretty much a given but there’s a reason floral dresses are the perfect springtime attire – you can’t go wrong with a standard floral dress. Layers of clothing and jewellery are heartily encouraged! New Look floral skater dress, £13
3. Wedges have been the answer to many a sartorial footwear question over the years, and we think these cork wedges have it all – height, comfort, versatility – add to shopping cart! Michael Kors Jolie beige suede cork wedges, £155
4. We were delighted when we saw full skirts on the latest Dior and Roksanda Ilincic catwalks – what’s not to love about this glamorous, voluminous and ultra feminine trend? A bright, bold full skirt will serve you well this spring! Coast Aralynn skirt, £115
5. Pastel is back with a vengeance this spring/summer season; make sure you’re getting in on the trend with some comfy yet chic pastel jeans. Perfect to dress up or down! Blumarine pastel pink denim trousers, £104
6. You don’t have to channel JT and Britney in 2000 to appreciate denim; a simple denim jacket paired over a fun and flirty summer dress will make for a perfect feminine get grungy spring look! Mango medium blue denim jacket, £44.99
7. We knew that we had another reason to go to the gym and work on those abs as soon as Fashion Month was over, and the crop top comeback is that reason! Boohoo Halle sequin shoulder crop top, £10
8. Metallic fabrics and iridescent hues were also a big spring/summer 2014 trend, and this bangle ensures that you can rock the trend with ease. Minimum effort and maximum impact! River Island blue iridescent curves bangle, £12