Tired of teetering around in heels all day, with an unwelcome sore feet situation at the end of it? Well, we all know the long-term effects of wearing good-looking heels aren’t too pretty, so what’s the next best option? Why sneakers, of course!
Well, high-top sneakers, to be precise. Fashion’s love affair with all things sporty has led to everything from record-breaking sales of the classic Stan Smiths to the ever-growing overlap between gym and daywear that feels chic enough for that all-important branch date.
But with so many super-slick designs in stores, how to overcome the major task of picking a pair to suit? Well, before handing over the plastic, why not look to the A-listers for a little sneaker style inspo?
Rita Ora loves to pair hers with a nifty dress; Kate Bosworth can’t resist a pretty maxi pairing with her wedge sneakers, and Rihanna is the undisputed queen of the trainer tribe – wearing hers with practically everything.
So, to make it easier, we’ve whittled several options down to a pretty, round number. From a riot of colour to luxurious embellishment and ultimate classics; shop 10 of our best high-top picks below, and get sneakerin’ pronto!
1. Gucci satin high-tops, £345, available at My Theresa.
2. Ash Virginia faux cobra high-tops, £132.50, available at My-Wardrobe.
3. Miu Miu leather high-tops, £445, available at My Theresa.
4. Miu Miu glitter high-tops, £325, available at My Theresa.
5. Tory Burch Calab metallic high-tops, £200, available at Selfridges.
6. Nike Blazer mid-vintage high-tops, from £38, available at Very.
7. Gucci metallic-leather high-tops, £460, available at My Theresa.
8. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star studded sneakers, £100, available at My Theresa.
9. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star leather sneakers, £82, available at My Theresa.
10. Balenciaga high-tops, £345, available at My Theresa.