The best thing about awards season? The fab red-carpet inspiration, especially in the hair and beauty department. One of our personal favourites from the 2015 Critics Choice Movie Awards was the beautiful Reese Witherspoon. Paying homage to Brigitte Bardot, Reese’s make-up was created by none other than celebrity make-up artist Molly R. Stern. “I wanted Reese’s look to be simple, clean and modern, to offset her stunning Lanvin gown,” said Stern, while her luscious locks came courtesy of celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel. We’ve got step by step tips on how you can re-create Reese’s radiant hair and make-up at home.
- Prep the face by massaging in Natura Bisse the Cure Pure Serum for a luminous base.
- Even out your skin tone by sparingly applying Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation.
- Contour the hollows of your cheeks blending upward and add a pop of color with an apricot blush.
- Apply Christian Dior Fusion Mono Matte Baked Eyeshadow in 761 Mirage into the crease of your eyelids and give them a neutral smoke with NARS Eyeshadow in Blondie.
- Roughly line and smudge the upper and lower lash line using Jillian Dempsey Khol Eyeliner in Jet Black. To complete the eyes, curl your lashes and add two coats of jet black mascara.
- Finish with the moisture-rich Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands for a natural pale pink lip.
- Spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray from mid-shaft to ends to create a foundation for optimum volume and hold.
- Part your bangs in the middle and blow-dry the hair smooth with a medium round brush for a full, sexy blowout.
- Take a 1” inch curling iron and curl the hair very loosely, leaving the ends out.
- After curling the whole head, apply John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray to break down the waves and give them separation.
- Tease the crown area and lock in the 60s style with John Frieda Frizz Ease KeraFlex Flexible Hold Hairspray.
- To finish, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème on the ends for perfect detailed texture.