Do you hear that, the distant chime of church bells ringing? Sighted a ‘Just Married’ helium balloon floating across the skies? Yes, you guessed right, it’s officially wedding season.
Well there’s that, and Brangelina announcing their engagement with an eye-watering rock taking prime position on Ms. To-be-Pitt’s ring finger, which will undoubtedly be the most talked about wedding of 2012; Kate and Wills celebrating a year as our favourite royal couple on April 29, and Topshop launching wedding dresses, letting us weave high-street wedding dress dreams (weird, no?).
So, excuse us for being in a wedding-y mood, and there’s only one way we really know to express our appreciation for it: A wedding wardrobe list.
No, we’re not talking puffball wedding dresses and bling Gina sandals that outdo the wedding ring, but for once, we’re awarding the humble wedding guest some fashion attention. Y’know, the people without whom there wouldn’t be much of a wedding?
Even if you don’t get along with whoever’s wedding you’re invited to, that’s not an excuse to dress like you’re headed to Kim Kardashian’s 72-day wedding annulment party!
Think pastel colours, delish prints, ladylike heels, elaborate embellishments and lace. It’s all about a decorative, spring-fresh edge to your look without, of course, upstaging the bride.
Browse through our perfect wedding guest wardrobe, full of pieces that’ll make even the toughest bridezilla say ‘I do’ (approve).
2. Malene Birger Dasila Shoe, £369, Monica & Joe
3. Thierry Lasry Excity round-frame mesh-effect acetate sunglasses, £255, net-a-porter
4. Charlotte Olympia Pandora feather Perspex box clutch, £525, net-a-porter
5. Altuzarra Wisp ruffled stretch-crepe dress, £810, net-a-porter
8. Yves Saint Laurent Obsession Pumps, £855, net-a-porter
12. Nina Ricci crystal-embellished flower necklace, £524, My Theresa
13. J Brand collarless tuxedo jacket, £479, Harrods
14. Kenneth Jay Lane 22-karat gold-plated cubic zirconia earrings, £195, net-a-porter