Usually I would swoon at the sight of a pair of Jimmy Choos, but there’s just something about these Folly suede and snakeskin Wedges that aren’t quite doing it for me – and I can’t quite put my finger on as to why.
The best thing to do in such a dilemma? Create the legendary pros and cons list, of course:
- Like you don’t know already, snakeskin is going to be huge next season. Tuck away your animal print and start hunting down some scaly styles pronto!
- Wedges have been the shoe to rock this season, and they’re proving to be just as popular for autumn. Plus, they’re infinitely comfortable.
- The skinny ankle strap will effortlessly elongate those pins.
- They’re way easier to walk in than heels (and we all know that when you hit a cobbled road this is always a bonus).
- The £495 price tag is a little steep.
- They don’t inspire me to run over anyone or anything in order to get my hands on them.
- I love the wedge, but sometimes I think a slender stiletto creates a chicer silhouette.
- The muted tones of the snakeskin on contrasting black suede really aren’t doing it for me, especially after the colour blocking mayhem of this season.
The verdict? All in all, I think I’ll be passing on these – you’ve got to really love something to part with so much cash, right?
Jimmy Choo Folly suede and snakeskin Wedges, £495, available at MyTheresa.