Last Updated on 19th October 2013
US Vogue publicly gave 17yr old model Chanel Iman their stamp of approval in their May 07 issue and dubbed the Korean/African American beauty one of the world’s next supermodels. But what makes Chanel Iman so special? Well we love her and here’s why:
1. Born Chanel Iman Robinson, she dropped the Robinson and emerged with a name worthy of fashion royalty status!
2. Despite being a runner up in a Ford modelling contest held just last year, Chanel has emerged the true winner. She’s sprinkled her magic on the runway and in campaigns for United Colours of Benetton, Nina Ricci, Alexander McQueen, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta and many many more.
3. Its hard to stay grounded when you’re adored and fawned over but her feet remain firmly on the ground with the help of her mum who accompanies her as she jet sets around the world.
4. She’s surrounded by the most beautiful clothes in the world yet like us she too hearts H&M and remains loyally devoted to the Swedish retail giant.
5. Finally….it takes a brave gal to admit mistaking Sir Paul McCartney for a mere worker.