Last Updated on 19th October 2013
We were at ‘Hard Rock Calling’ this weekend, and one thing that stood out the most (apart from Bruce ‘The Boss’ Springsteen’s awesomeness, obviously) was how inappropriate a lot of the festivalgoers’ footwear was.
Jelly shoes, Crocs, rubber flip-flops and dainty high heels (we saw more than one broken-off heel lying in the mud… we almost wept!) are a definite no no.
Hyde Park witnessed all sorts of weather conditions during the weekend, from extremely torrential rain to some rarely seen thing called sunshine.
As festival season is far from over (we still have V Fest next month to get excited about) we thought we’d help you find fashionable but practical shoes. Sandals in the sun are totally acceptable, but make sure you’re strapped in – once you lose a shoe while crowd-surfing, it will be gone forever!
1. Brit wellies, £125, Hunter available at Coggles
2. Bow ankle wellies, £19.99 available at Quiz
3. Pink strappy sandals, £83, Marc by Marc Jacobs available at Farfetch
4. Red retro wellies, £42, Viking
5. Patent wellies, £79.99, available at Daniel Footwear
6. Strappy studded sandals, £75, Carvela available at John Lewis
7. Turquoise espadrilles, £30.99, Havaianas available at Spartoo