Heading for a post-Olympic, getting-over-the-games city break? Or, maybe you’re squeezing in some much needed R&R before fashion month begins? Whatever your reason for a mini-hol (not that we ever need one – a reason, that is!), our guide to packing for a city break is sure to take the stress out of that suitcase!
Whether you’re headed to a fashion hotspot such as Milan or Paris, or want to soak up the cultural and historical cool of relaxed locales such as Sweden’s second city, Gothenburg; city breaks call for a sensible wardrobe with a stylish slant.
But as with all fashionable endeavours, it is not what you wear, but rather how you wear it. A capsule city break wardrobe will see you nicely through your extended weekend of vacay-fun, so shake off those wardrobe woes with our checklist of just what you need for a super-slick time in the city!
1. Red Pashli Messenger Bag by 3.1 Phillip Lim, £695
2. Classic Stretch Wool City Shorts by Theory, £115
3. Juliane Lurex Anthracite Jacket by Iro, £299
4. Grey Floral Printed Stiletto Skinny Jeans by CURRENT/ELLIOTT, £215
5. Tanne blouse, £75
6. Slacker tee, £43
7. Paddock Ankle Boots by McQ Alexander McQueen, £370
8. Camel Baxton Flat Camel Pump with Gold Tip by Sam Edelman, £79
9. Tan Middleton Medium Shoulder Bag by MICHAEL Michael Kors, £325