If you paid attention to some of the biggest spring/summer 2014 catwalk shows, then you’ll already know that grunge is making a huge comeback for the new season.
Hedi Slimane was all about grunge and rock ‘n’ roll for the Saint Laurent spring/summer 2014 show, and Marc Jacobs also went dark and alternative for his final Louis Vuitton collection. (A great way to bow out, don’t you think?) So, with two of the biggest fashion players championing the trend, we have every reason to get behind it too!
We’ve already seen the celebs try their hand at the grunge trend by incorporating certain aspects into their red carpet outfits and as they go about their everyday lives, and now you can get in on the trend too with these very basic items.
1. Our top pick for going grunge is a leather jacket. Nothing says attitude better than a fierce bit of leather draped across your shoulders, and this Christopher Kane jacket is the perfect hue to wear over the rest of your black clothes and accessories. Christopher Kane cracked leather biker jacket,
2. Make your eyes stand out by lining them with the darkest and boldest hue of black eyeliner you can find. Yves Saint Laurent black eyeliner, £24
3. A great thing about the grunge trend is being able to wear flats; black leather boots will not only convey attitude, but you’ll be super warm and comfy in the process too. You can be bad-ass without putting your feet through hell, too! Dune Black leather biker boots, £195
4. The more studs and spikes in your accessories, the better! This clutch bag pretty much has it all, doesn’t it? Pierre Balmain studded clutch,
5. A band tee is the final step to completing your grunge journey and the one we’ve selected is simple but to the point. Exactly what you need! Amplified The Who tee, £8.99