Last Updated on 17th May 2017
Shopping for swimwear should be fun. But, if you possess a fuller bust, chances are it’s super stressful. Finding a swimsuit or bikini that’s not only stylish but provides enough support and coverage is no easy task. If you’re absolutely dreading the prospect of hitting the high street to hunt for a head-turning bathing suit for your summer hols, worry not. Here, Liz Willis, Director at plus -size luxury lingerie and swimwear retailer Viva Voluptuous shares her top tips on what you should be looking for:
1. Firstly if you’re buying a bikini go up a size on the back band, at least a size bigger than your normal bra. This avoids un-sightly back rolls on the beach.
2. Invest in great bust support. I recommend a strong bra with a lining, underwire and full cup design. Don’t opt for flimsy, thin fabrics as the set will wear quickly.
3. Avoid G Strings. Embrace your curves and choose a well fitting brief or bikini bottom to balance your shape and if you’re not confident with a bikini, a tankini is a fantastic option. They work well for taller girls and are a great way of covering the stomach without choosing a one piece.
4. Always opt for a bra top that has adjustable straps for maximum support.
5. For a fuller bust always opt for a full cup style as a demi cup will often result in ‘double boob’. A full cup will also ensure maximum support.