Last Updated on 5th June 2016
Ah, another blossoming bump soon to be seen on a pretty model! Last week Lara Stone and husband David Walliams announced they were expecting their first child, and all the ahh-ing and oo-hing at such fab news aside, being the fashion obsessives we are, we started to dream up what Lara’s maternity wardrobe would look like. (Typical, we know.)
Used to stunning runway pieces, the busty model’s off-duty looks are quite a contrast. Often papped out for dinner with her hubby, Lara seems to prefer thigh-skimming dresses (remember that Givenchy wedding dress, anyone?) and A LOT of black (as do most models). Being the face of Calvin Klein, Lara is often photographed wearing dresses by the fashion house and prefers a mainly muted colour palette, save for that brilliant orange Hermès Birkin she’s often toting and the occasional red (killer) pout.
Models off-duty, even when carrying a bump, look achingly chic and we’re sure Mrs. Walliams is going to be no different. So ahead of the expansion of her cute lil’ bump, here’s a roundup of chic maternity wear (yes, pregnant dressing can be stylish!) we’d love to see the leggy lady in.
Evening dresses are a must for Lara’s dinner dates, as is the preffered off-duty uniform of models: skinny jeans and layered tops.When the orange Birkin is having a day off, a bright blazer is the perfect antidote to an all-black ensemble , and a ruched skirt – well, only a model could make the maternity version look so good!
1. Mamalicious Blue Hilda Striped Lining Blazer, £39.99, available at New Look
2. Neutral Layer Top, £24, available at Next
3. Lulu Lace Maternity Dress, £139, available at Isabella Oliver
4. Midi Ruched Skirt, £59, available at Isabella Oliver
5. Vince Honeycomb Knit Jacket, £258.34, available at shopbop
6. Maternity Flower Skinny Trousers, £40, available at Topshop
7. Maternity blue pleat neck detail top, £35, available at Dorothy Perkins
8. Maternity Exclusive Sequin Dress, £38.50, available at Asos
9. Blooming Marvellous Maternity Over The Bump Skinny Jean, £30, available at Mothercare