Last Updated on 20th January 2021
While weekends that involved restaurants, bars, movies or even just a girls night in feels like a thing of the past, there is something to be said for the new found time that’s been bestowed upon us. Used wisely, the extra time allows us the opportunity to learn a new skill, get some much needed downtime and even offers the chance to detox and reset our lives. If you’re not sure how to use the extra time or are looking for ways to stay busy and escape the worries of the current climate, ahead we’ve listed some fun things you can do to stay occupied.
1. Gardening/grow your own veg: Now is the time to make the most of your garden. Gardening can be extremely relaxing and rewarding. Unleash your creativity and get to to work on your borders. Or if growing veg has always been something you’d like to try your hand at, well there’s no better time like the present. You don’t need a lot of space to do it either. Just buy some vegetable seeds, a grow table and some compost and you’re good to go.
2. Catch up on box sets: So, we’re currently watching Westworld season 3 and it’s literally blowing our mind. If you haven’t already we highly recommend you give it a watch. Other favourites? The Sopranos (always a winner), Game of Thrones (despite how disappointed we were at the ending, it’s still worth watching). The Outsider was fantastic, we LOVE The Split and can’t get enough of Insecure. If you’ve got any series recommendations please do leave a comment as we’re always on the hunt for a good show.
3. Join an online book club: Prior to lockdown, we could never find the time to read despite how much we love books. Now? Well, let’s just say we’ve gotten through two book and we’re now on our third. For some great recomendations try out an online book club. There’s tons of ’em. Reese Witherspoon’s got one, so does Oprah and Florence Welch’s book club is pretty good too.
4. Start a blog: Buy a domain name, launch your site on a blogging platform and get writing! Use your blog as an outlet for your hobbies, whether it’s fashion, cooking or even gardening and create a community of like minded individuals. If blogging isn’t for you, then how about a podcast?
5. Detox your wardrobe: The wonders of detoxing your wardrobe are greatly understated. We feel SO much more in control and less anxious when we give your closet a declutter. Donate to charity anything you haven’ worn in years or don’t absolutely love. Then get organising. Buy some great storage solutions and put everything in it’s rightful place. Trust us, you’ll feel amazing afterwards.