It’s come to that time of year when our beauty regimes need a bit of an over haul. Why not invest in a few items, that will not only make your skin look lovely but won’t break the bank balance either. We’ve trawled the beauty counters to bring you our 10 must have items.
1. Elizabeth Arden, 8 Hour cream skin protectant £20: This is without doubt the ultimate piece of beauty kit, forget dry patches and sensitive skin. It makes a great lip balm and if you ever get extra dry areas, whether they be under the eyes or one your elbows, a little bit of this magical formula will banish it to a distant memory.
2. Benefit, Get bent liner brush £11.50: How oh how did anyone put liquid eyeliner on before this little piece of wonderous engineering. Take your chosen colour pop the brush in and then sweep for a perfect line. This brush makes eyeliner simple as pie (trust me).
3. Carmex, Lip balm £2.49: Ok so this is a cult classic but that’s because it really works, load up for super soft lips, and it’s great for getting those eyebrows in shape.
4. Mac, Eyebrows pencil £10: Need sleek, fuller brows? Then invest in this wind up pencil, it’s got the best range of colours and it’s long lasting, as well as dummy proof, perfect.
5. The Body Shop, hemp hand protector £5: This is quite simply first aid for hands, hands are the ultimate age giveaway, so give them a little treat every night before bed.
6. Lancome, Bi Facil £19: If you’re a waterproof make up wearer then you know just how long is takes to scrub it off, well make sure you invest in Bi Facile, it removes all eye make up no matter how tough without drying.
7. Biotherm, Sun Sensitive SPF 50, £19: Scrap using face creams and anti-ageing formulas and just get yourself a suncream for sensitive skins. It will protect you from harmful rays and pollutants, which damage your skin and keep your face lovely and soft.
8. Lee Stafford, Messed up spray wax, £4.59: If you love messed up shaggy hairstyles but not weighed down greasy hair, then this is a great investment. It smells good, it’s a light formula, easy to use and washes out easily, it’s also great for creating volume when sprayed on the roots.
9. Boots, Tea tree oil £3.99: I don’t care how many fancy spot creams there are out there, the only thing capable of banning blemishes is tea tree.
10. Nars, The multiple £27: Ok, so this is a little expensive but this little stick of wonder works as a highlighter, a blusher, an eyeshadow, an illuminator and a lipstick. I reckon it’s worth the cost, try the colour Orgasm, it’s a cult classic and the most versatile suiting all skin tones.
Pictured make up bag £21.50 from Benefit