If you’re feeling a little lazy on the style side when it comes to the weekend, a wow factor jacket will ensure you don’t slump on the fashion front.
With spring here and summer knocking (well we’d like to think so!), all we can think about is packing away our hefty, blanket-like coats to make way for some light and pretty wearing.
A perfect spring jacket is the reason fashionistas look forward to warmer climes (along with sunbathing, cocktails by the pools and envy-inducing swimwear), because, in a place like Blighty, it’s your saviour for those chilly nights you don’t want to leave the party early for fear of getting ill!
Worn with a skirt and heels, or atop your favourite Marant-esque skinny cropped jeans and basic tee ensemble, our pick of seven laid-back spring jackets will ensure you’re the one leading the weekend chic pack.
From printed bomber jackets to eye-popping pink crop shapes and desirable denim biker jackets, take your pick from our favourites and make a weekend a super-stylish one.
1. MSGM Graphic Raffia Patchwork Jacket, £410, My Wardrobe: Combining a statement design with a boxy shape, when thrown over a dressed down look, this jacket is a game changer.
2. Denim Biker Jacket, £54.99, Mango: A subtle twist on the classic biker jacket; the bleached denim look feels perfect for spring and the oversized fit is very now.
3. L’Agence Tweed Bomber Jacket, £390, Matches: Turn the quintessential tweed jacket on its head with a rainbow tweed composition and a rope drawstring hem.
4. Spotlight Flame Jacket, £110, French Connection: Perfect for smartening up your look for a weekend brunching session with the girls.
5. Quilted Ovoid Crop Jacket, £68, Topshop: Cocoon shaped jackets are a massive trend for next season, but this one in zingy pink feels great to wear now.
6. Quilted Bomber Jacket, £34.99, H&M: If you want Isabel Marant’s enviable nonchalance on a budget, this is your go-to piece. A bomber is the ideal weekend jacket: light and comfortable to wear, and a pretty print thrown into the mix isn’t a bad thing at all!
7. Étoile by Isabel Marant Craig Coated Linen-blend Hooded Jacket, £300, Net-a-Porter: A practical jacket in a pretty pastel pallete. Need we say more?