Let’s face it: summer can instill a fear of flash-fleshing clothes, shoes, and a whole lot of ab-toning in the greatest of fashion lovers! But having said that, sporting a thigh-grazing skirt or silk cami isn’t as tough as getting your feet out after a tough season of being stuck in boots.
If booking regular pedicures or painstakingly painting your tootsies isn’t something you like to class as ‘leisurely’ activities, or if you have a fear of overexposing footwear (yes, toe cleavage is a ‘thing’), then our round-up of foot blanketing summer sandals will make the perfect additions to your shoe collection.
From toe-covering flat sandals to foot cloaking zip-up wedges, we’ve tracked down the best sandal styles that promise all the summer fun sans a full-blown foot-flashing ordeal. Easy styles to take your look from day-to-night; shop the foot exposé avoiding collection below and leave the hard work to your clothes!
1. The smart day look sandal: Alexander McQueen embellished leather sandals, £630, available at Net-a-Porter
2. The perfect addition to a summer dress: Soludos classic stripe natural flat sandals, £42, available at ASOS.
3. Go Grecian by wearing these with a floaty maxi dress: Carvela Karma leather sandals, £55, available at Kurt Geiger.
4.Perfect worn with a slip dress or summer suit: Marni python leather sandals, £540, available at My Theresa.
5. Ideal for adding embellishment to a casual summer look: Bibi Lou studded sandals, £100, available at Zalando.
6. Easy, day-to-night option; Added wedge heel is a bonus: Wednesday zip wedges, £52, available at Topshop.