1. The models are too thin. Wait, are they? Spain and Milan ban â€œtoo-thin models after two beauties die from anorexia. New York fashion week adopts guidelines that say a lot and accomplish nothing, with the most frail models simply disappearing from the NYC shows for that season.
2. America’s Next Top Model and Project Runway, still as amazing as ever!
3. Plaid: proving that with the right accessories and in the right materials, this print (in its non-Burberry incarnations) has a life beyond lumberjacks, Scotland and the kilts of schoolgirls.
4. Halle Berry’s cerulean Versace, Cameron Diaz’s fuschia Dior, Reese Witherspoon’s yellow Nina Ricci and Gwyneth’s peach Zac Posen gowns.
5. After only three episodes of Gossip Girl, the ladies of the show managed to launch themselves into the forefront of the 20-somethings fashion scene, both on and off the set.
6. Panties, or lack thereof: Lindsay, Britney and Paris all did it, â€œaccidentally flashing crowds of paparazzi their bare bottoms (and other bits) while getting out of cars sans culottes.
7. The debut of a cleaner, leaner and much more sharply dressed Marc Jacobs.
8. The continually evolving style of Katie Holmes; lady isn’t afraid to endure a little pain for fashion, even after running a 26-mile marathon â€¦
9. Any fashionable (or not) sightings of Ashley and/or Mary-Kate Olsen, Kate Bosworth, and Cate Blanchett. And okay, fine, Victoria Beckham, even if she does look like a femme-bot.
10. More bold fashion from Patricia Fields, in the Sex and the City movie and the upcoming Cashmere Mafia.