Whether you want to treat yourself, or make this Mother’s Day extra special for the mum-to-be in your life, let our top maternity wear picks give you some inspiration.
Maternity wear doesn’t have to be a frumpy, hide-away-the-bump, affair. Instead, there are several stylish options to choose from, including comfortable and equally flattering cuts, shoes specially designed to provide maximum support during pregnancy, and accessories to accentuate a day or evening look.
Approach your wardrobe in exactly the same way as you normally would, just make allocations for comfort and ease when it comes to your growing baby bump.
And if you’re a first-time mother-to-be, it’ll be a while before you’re gifted something on Mother’s Day, so go ahead and treat yourself to any of our top maternity picks below.
1. We love the injection of colour this pleat maternity tunic promises, and it’s super-versatile long length means it looks equally stylish paired with leggings and boots, or worn with sandals in the summer. Pleat Maternity Tunic, £125, Isabella Oliver.
3. Boyfriend jeans are a wardrobe staple, so don’t let the baby bump push them to the back of the wardrobe. Blooming Marvellous Maternity Midwash Boyfriend Jeans, £30, Mothercare.
4. Pick up on the monochrome trend with this super stylish knit. It’s a great option for throwing over a summer dress on chilly nights. Mamalicious White Channe Contrast Trim Cable Knit Cardigan, £41.99, New Look.
6. Inject a little print into your maternity wardrobe with this super-flattering wraparound dress. MAMA Printed Dress, £19.99, H&M.
7. A clutch is the ultimate accessory to make an outfit evening-appropriate. Forget fuss and frills, and go for a simple style that you can pair with several outfits. Baukjen clutch, £109, Isabella Oliver.
9. This over-the-bump tie belt will help you to achieve a flattering silhouette by comfortably cinching at the waist; perfect for wearing over a cardigan or loose fitting dress. Black Skinny Tie Belt, £15, Séraphine.
10. These ShoeTherapy ballerina shoes are specifically designed to relieve back and joint pains often experienced during pregnancy, alongside stimulating tired and aching legs and aiding with body posture. A stylish leopard print doesn’t hurt, either. ShoeTherapy Purple Leopard Print Ballerina Shoes, £79, Séraphine.