Last Updated on 15th June 2016
Are you currently planning the most magical day of your life? We know what matters to the bride the most: finding the perfect dress, making sure the bridesmaids dresses match and complement but don’t upstage her dress, and ensuring the wedding cake and flower arrangements are as dream-like as ever… but what does the groom actually care about?
The groom can often be forgotten about when it comes to weddings, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have cares and worries of their own prior to the big day. Here are the top 5 things occupying the groom’s mind before he says “I do”:
1. Suits. Ok, so the groom might not have been dreaming about his wedding suit since he was a little boy, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to look good for his bride and the rest of the wedding party. Grooms actually spend a lot of time, effort and money making sure they are suitably dressed for their big day, as well as all of their groomsmen. The key to the perfect suit is all about the tailoring, so make sure that you allow plenty of time for fittings and alterations. There’s nothing worse than groomsmen tripping over trousers that are too long, or being able to see those football socks because the trousers are far too short.
2. The honeymoon. Probably one of the best holidays a couple will take, so it’s got to be done right. The groom is often left with the task of organising the honeymoon, so he’s under a lot of pressure to get it right. The hotel, the transport, the activities – there’s a lot to do and a lot to think about!
3. The stag do. Strippers or no strippers? A relatively quiet night in town with the besties or a full-blown no-holds-barred lads’ holiday in Las Vegas? Or something right in the middle? Stag dos come in all shapes and sizes, and it’s important that the groom (and probably the bride, too) feels happy with what’s in store for him.
4. His bride’s happiness. There’s nothing worse than a bride who is crying for all the wrong reasons on the big day, so it’s not at all surprising to learn that grooms worry about the happiness of their future wife before the wedding. Fussy bridesmaids, bickering in-laws or just pre-wedding jitters, the littlest thing can get to the bride before the big day so it’s down to the groom to comfort and reassure her.
5. The ring. The engagement ring might have been the most important ring he’s ever bought, but that’s not where the ring shopping ends for the groom. He’s also got his own wedding band to think about, and given the selection of rings currently out there, the choice can be somewhat overwhelming. There are lots of styles to choose from; simple but striking, understated, full-on bling-tastic – and we haven’t even got to the metals yet. From men’s zirconium wedding rings to platinum to the more wallet-friendly titanium available at Wedding Rings Direct, the possibilities really are endless so he’s got a lot to think about before he makes the all-important purchase.
Yep, it’s not so easy being a groom, but we think it’s all worth it at the end of the day when he carries his bride off into the sunset ready for their happily ever after!